Why join our team?
AMCS is the leading global technology company providing innovative solutions to the environmental services industry through the AMCS Platform. Established in Limerick, Ireland in 2003, the company continues to grow operations globally and today employs 550+ people across 11 countries. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions for the waste and recycling industry worldwide supporting 2,650+ customers in 22 countries.
We currently have a requirement for a Project Manager, based at our HQ Limerick. The person appointed will work with the customer management team to deliver solutions to our existing and future customer base for all our software products which includes, mobile computing and communication software, back office software solutions and hosted environments.
- Responsible for the successful end to end delivery of Software Implementation projects
- Focused delivery of all aspects of project management including project scope definition, risk management, adaptable project scheduling, resource management, and consistent project documentation and reporting
- Must be results oriented and drive to ensure successful completion of the projects on time, on budget and within the defined scope while leading through influence and with solid soft skills and tact.
- Provide regular reporting to applicable managers, executive team, and the client as required.
- Audit, monitor and lead correction process to ensure project and resource data is maintained consistently in accordance with standards and methodologies.
- Escalate issues in an appropriate, timely, and tactful manner.
- Actively participate in resolution of issues and conflicts, internally as well as with clients and other vendors where appropriate.
- Ensure that their portfolio of projects is exceptionally well documented and meets all defined goals.
- Engage in scoping and requirements gathering for new and existing projects as necessary.
- Provide leadership to the project implementation team.
- Have strong IT skills.
- Be able to understand customer requirements and relate these back to the project delivery team or software development team where appropriate.
- Must be proficient in SQL, MS Technology stack including business intelligence.
The successful candidate may be asked to undertake other duties outside of this description as assigned. The work pattern for this position may vary; the successful candidate must be flexible in working hours and capable of providing out of hours on call support e.g. in the support of system go live etc. Travel both domestic and international will be required in the role.
Desired skills and experience
- Degree in computer science, Information Systems, Business Studies or equivalent.
- Experience in delivering projects using SQL Server and MS technologies in general.
- 5 years + Experience in managing IT projects
- Experience of delivering Technical Consultancy and/or Software Implementation to external end Customers
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), especially with regards to providing information to clients.
- Customer facing experience - taking meetings with customers, providing input to resolve any issues, and driving any actions to completion.
- A good knowledge of software engineering principles.
- Practical experience in relation to databases, Microsoft SQL server, managing hosted solution, web services.
- Project Management Qualification would be an advantage.