Business Intelligence Product Owner
Business Intelligence Product Owner
Why join our team?
AMCS is the leading global technology company providing innovative solutions to the environmental services industry through the AMCS Platform. Established in Limerick, Ireland in 2003, the company continues to grow operations globally and today employs 550+ people across 11 countries. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions for the waste and recycling industry worldwide supporting 2,650+ customers in 22 countries.
We currently have a requirement for an experienced BI Product Owner, based at our Limerick office.
The ideal candidate must possess strong leadership skills and oversee all Reporting aspects across our customers. The Business Intelligence Product Manager will have responsibilities within each phase of the ERP Transformation project life cycle including user meetings, requirements gathering, development, testing, implementation, and go-live but will focus on managing all activities and deliverables related to Reporting tasks required to support an ERP implementation. The candidate will come from an analytics background and have a depth of experience in developing and designing business reports and dashboards.
The Business Intelligence Product Manager provides outstanding client service and contributes to the organization’s mission of utilizing information technology to manager their business.
- Product Management – SME for Business Intelligence, Business Analytics
and Reporting; provide expert guidance to the team on best practices,
standardization and documentation; provide guidelines to ensure consistent user experiences;
review and contribute to product releases
- Client/Stakeholder Management – Act as a trusted advisor to AMCS business process
owners and business operations to ensure alignment with business drivers, and then
integrate these requirements into the strategy as it is developed. Understand customer
requirements and impact of system issues; meet with clients regularly and establish priorities
by working with clients and end-users; Work closely with the team to deliver high-quality
- Issue Management – Control and manage system issues and conduct detailed impact analysis,
root cause analysis, and downstream effects of modifications; Determine most effective way to
- Project Management – Control and manage projects with an end result orientation, including
all project phases/tasks as applicable to the project size; Coordinate with project managers
responsible for implementation as well as other product managers involved in
- Reporting Management – Manage all tasks, activities and deliverables related to Reporting
development life-cycle required as a part of an ERP implementation.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 7 years of experience managing tasks, activities and deliverables related to
Reporting and Business Intelligence
- Overall understanding of SDLC and its relationship to an ERP implementation.
- Strong experience with data analytics and reporting tools such as, Business Objects / Crystal
- Demonstrated understanding of technical documentation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Preference with experience with cloud-based ERP modules
- Experience in implementing or upgrading ERP applications with an understanding of the
functional changes between versions.
- Understanding of shared services / multi-organization functionality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Process Management or related discipline,
or equivalent experience. MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus.
- Excellent ability to multi-task and manage simultaneous projects and initiatives.
- Strong planning, organization, critical thinking, decision-making skills and problem-solving aptitude.
- High degree of confidentiality, maturity, tactfulness and business ethics.
- Experience with large-scale ERP implementations in compliance-driven enterprise environment
and a strong track record of delivering complex projects
Excellent salary and benefits on offer